Your smile has an important role in the first impressions other people form about you and conveys a lot about your personality. It always makes you feel better about yourself, displaying an attractive smile. On the other hand, if your teeth are stained or discolored, you certainly won’t feel comfortable about revealing them with a cheerful grin.
If staining has taken its toll on your teeth, you may benefit from a smile makeover, such as a teeth whitening treatment performed by a dental professional. It provides a speedy, highly effective solution to enhance your smile and appearance.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
Before starting your teeth whitening treatment, your dentist will make a note of the current shade of your teeth. Then the teeth’s surface is cleaned and polished to remove plaque and other debris.
Once the teeth are thoroughly cleaned, the dentist applies a whitening solution on the surface of the teeth comprising hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. This is followed up by using laser light to activate the peroxide. In order to get the best results, the solution should be kept on your teeth for 30 minutes to an hour. After that timeframe, your teeth are rinsed, and fluoride may be applied to reduce sensitivity.
What are the key benefits of Teeth Whitening?
- The effects of professional teeth whitening are not only fast, but the results are also reliable. After a session with an experienced dentist, you will have a long-lasting shiny set of bright teeth.
- It is a safe and comfortable treatment. A dentist will monitor the entire procedure to make sure that your teeth are not prone to any damage. By adjusting the concentration levels of the whitening agent, your gums and teeth are fully protected from any adverse side effects.
- Smile is one of the first qualities that attract people towards you. People automatically tie their self-worth to their looks. Thus having bright-looking teeth will make it easier for you to smile, and you will have a pleasant time meeting new people and making friends.
- One of the best features of whitening is that it’s well within the limits of most people. It provides life-changing results at a meager cost. The cosmetic benefits of teeth whitening give a high return on your investment.
- In-office whitening treatments are customized, with the dentist performing the procedure. The doctor first captures an impression of your teeth and creates a custom-fit tray. The custom-made trays are applied uniformly with the whitening gel and secured to your teeth for a fixed duration. For better results, you may have to repeat the procedure.
- A person will have a healthier mouth. A whitening treatment performed by a dentist will ensure the removal of all stains, thus leaving your teeth healthier and more robust.
Call us at Myers or schedule an online appointment to know more about Teeth Whitening